Sunday 18 April 2010

Two delicious cupcakes in the oven!


So today is the day the baking begins!

As most of you know this morning was the day of my transfer. I had quite a good nites sleep until I woke up at 2.11am & thought it was morning & time to get up! Managed to get back to sleep & woke again at pessary o'clock(I wake between 5.30& 6 every morning & its so annoying!)so with that done I decided I wasn't getting up till 7.

Was very calm,although Mr K & I didn't really say much to each other,we both know when the other is feeling uneasy or worried,& there weren't any words to describe how we were feeling.

I had another mad rush round with my hoover(that's for you Kris!)done some more washing then went to get ready, & that's when I had my meltdown, I just burst into tears & couldn't stop crying. All I kept thinking was "I can't do this,I can't.I don't wanna go,I'm not ready", so with me crying & Mr K sitting on the loo as his nerves got the better of him, we we're a sorry pair! But I thought "come on Jack,you've come this far you can do this" & I thought "yeah I can".

Yes I'm petrified of the "POAS day" but I'm going to keep taking each day as it comes & nothing else.

So, after we'd both pulled ourselves together we set off. Me wearing my lovely orange pants!(if I could of dressed all in orange I would of done!!)

I was glad when we got to the clinic that all my favourites we're going to be looking after me, lovely nurse pearly queen, Dr Chuckles & the nice embryologist,Nicola.

You all know what the procedure is like so I won't go into any detail, oh forgot to say that I had 2 really nice blasto's & 2 not so good,so got the option off the 2 nice one's & 1 of the not so good, but opted for just the 2 good one's. Nicola said if the remaining 2 divide well over night they will freeze them for us.

Saw the two cupcakes on the screen, one had collapsed, but Nicola said this was normal, then into the oven they went(Mr K was happy as his favourite song,sitting on the dock of the bay was playing), & nurse pearly queen said "there we go straight into mum", I could of cried at that,she called me mum! & for the next 10 days I will be!!

They all wished me the best of luck,told me take it easy & don't break out into a sweat,not much chance of that happening I can tell you!

But I'm not very good at doing nothing,so I'm going to force myself to go & chill out on the sofa after I've read the paper in the garden & watched poor Mr K moving loads of blocks around!

I've also been told not to wear to tight a clothing round my waist so picture this, I have my jeggins pulled right up under my boobs & resemble a Mrs Cowell,lol.

And Mr K is going to take me out for lunch later, so I bid you all farewell for today & will update you on the baking,

Love a happy chef, Mrs K xx

2 comments:

  1. You know what this means!!!
    Pregnant until proven otherwise!!

    Best of luck and Grow baby embies Grow!!

    Sass
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you and I love that the nurse called you mum :) Grow embies, grow!

    ReplyDelete