Tuesday 13 April 2010

The mixture is prepared!


I am home!!!!!Hoooooraaaayyy!!!!I'm very happy, had 8 eggs collected, which I'm so happy about, as at the beginning of the week I only had four follicles & I was slightly worried.

This will be a quick blog as I feel a bit groggy still & away with the fairies. Plus hubby has OD'd me on biscuits!

Slept really well last night, which was surprising & we had an early start to get to the clinic on time. Had the same lovely nurse which looked after me last time, I'll call her nurse pearly queen as she was like a lovely old londoner nanny! Told her all about how ill I was last time, & she assured me it would all go smoothly today,different anaesthetist & Doctor. My blood pressure was low, which it normally is, but it was lower than last time & she told me to get it checked out again.

Had the lovely Dr chuckles do my egg collection, which I was really pleased about as he is SO happy all the time & just puts you at ease.

So Mr K went off to do his thing, & I said alot of prayers!

I was still very calm at this point,until they took me through & when they put the needle in for the sedation, I just started crying & couldn't stop! Pearly queen nurse wiped up my tears & they said everything would be OK , then I think they just got the drugs in as quick as poss!! Next thing I knew I was back in the recovery room.

And I've got to say I feel so different to last time. Hardly any pain or blood, last time I lost alot of blood & couldn't wee for hours, now I know what its meant to feel like! Mr K said that I looked a 100 times better than last time & reminded me how we had to stop on the M25 last time on the way home as I nearly passed out & threw up!

So yes, at the moment Im feeling good, the embryologist said that if all goes well with 8 eggs they will try & push for blasto & day 5 trans, but we'll see on Friday.

Thank you to everyone for all there well wishes, I'm sorry if I haven't replied to you all, but it means alot to know that your all wishing me well.

So all we have to do now is wait for the mixture to rise,then we'll be popping them in the oven!

Love an exhausted cook, Mrs K x

No comments:

Post a Comment