Wednesday 17 February 2010

Get me to the clinic on time!!


Yayee,Mr K & I finally made to are appointment,on time,it was a miracle!It was touch & go for a while & I really thought we were guna be late. You have to know that im renowned for being late,infact I think its a built in gene in my family!Theres like a silent code,if we say where guna be somewhere by a certain time everyone knows that we will be running at least 20mins behind schedule(my brother is the worst,if Im looking after my nephew for the day & he says he'll be back at 3 we know it will be more like 6!)So anyway,just to quickly update you,I had one failed IVF in september 09,really took me along time to get over it,as anyone who has experienced this will know,I felt it was like a grieving process for me,but I eventually made it to the other side & I knew it was time for another go,& being a newly turned 41,time is not on my side,so I knew I had to get my arse it gear,the longer I left it the more eggs I'd loose as we all know it declines with age.Fortunatly I had a good AMH level of 8.4,which for an old bird is pretty good!
Anyway,my clinic is in cheshunt & for us its an hour each way on the dreaded M25(I hate this road)& we always leave in plenty on time,& this is the only time I'm ever early as I hate to be late for my appontments.We get on dreaded motorway & its just at a standstill & I'm like "nnnnoooooo"its just gridlocked!!varios swear words are circling my brain & I think any minute now there all guna come tumbling out(I also suffer with REALLY bad road rage!)well,the other lane start moving & I'm thinking "come on Mr K move over into the other lane!!!" & just when I think I'm guna shout it out he moves lanes,Yes he can read my mind my soulmate! To cut along story short,there had been an accident on the other carriage way,but being nosey brits every one had slowed down to have a good look.We just made it in time to the clinic,now my clinic is quite small & is always running behind & of this I'm thankful.Mr K & I then spend the next hour refilling out all the consent forms as they have changed since last year,my lovely nurse Mary gets me my Suprecur ready to start my injections on day 21 of cycle & its typical that today was the day my AF was due & it decided to hide away,so mary can't tell me when they'll do my egg collection till I start af,but atleast i'm on my way!!
Mr K & I are doing a BOGOFF offer! Buy 2 IVF treatments & get a 3rd free!I wanted to ask if they would take my Tesco clubcard,imagine the amount of points I'd get!!wouldnt have to shop for years!!lol. So the next year could be a very busy & emotional year as I have to take all 3 cycles within 12 months,so at the end of it,I will either be pregnant,or childless,as after 4 attempts it hasnt worked i can't put myself or Mr K though it anymore,so PLEEEEAAAASSSSSEEEEE help me get my own bun in my oven!!!!
And I gota have lots & lots of HOPE.
Must go & warm up the oven.
x x x

1 comment:

  1. Wow, didn't know you had to do it within a year, but rememeber, THIS IS OUR YEAR!!! x

    ReplyDelete